Thursday, October 14, 2010

the tin man costume (simplicity 4133)

Last year, in going along with our Wizard of Oz theme, Samuel was the Tin Man.

I once again used Simplicity #4133 with a few changes.
I didn't make the "heart" on the watch chain, since most of the book/movie, he doesn't have that.  Also, I tacked the uppermost shoulder hinge on each side to the shoulder so they didn't look so droopy.


If I were to do it again, I would lose the foot covers completely, and maybe just spray paint an old or cheap pair of shoes silver, since I already had the paint from spraying the funnel on his head.  The foot covers just flopped around all night long while we were Trick-Or-Treating and ended up getting completely mangled.

Don't forget to check out the other costumes in this series: Toto, the Scarecrow, and Dorothy!

No comments: