Tuesday, October 19, 2010

dinosaur costume (mccall 2335)

Xavier's Halloween costume three years ago was a dinosaur costume!  He picked it out, and chose the colors, (which I loved because it's neutral, and I can add a bow to it, if a little girl wants to wear it in the future.)


I used McCall's #2335.  It was a lot of stuffing and pieces, but it was simple enough for a basic sewer, if you're willing to take your time.



I loved that the feet are attached to the bottom of the legs, and that it has optional gloves.



I also made a pink version of this very costume the same year for a neighbor girl who was very into dinosaurs.  I think they both turned out adorable!!

You could also add wings and not put the scales on the hat to turn this pattern into a dragon, if that's what you wanted.

1 comment:

Nikki Yorgason said...

Hi! I found your website through Google as I was searching for a pink dinosaur costume for my daughter for this year's Halloween. Your costume turned out ADORABLE! Can I ask a few questions? How long did it take for you to make it? How much did materials cost? Was it a costume that a beginning sewer could make? Thank you for the inspiration and McCall's pattern number!