Tuesday, December 28, 2010

girly nightgown



That's right, I did it again!  I made my own pattern. 

To be fair, it was based on Dana's shirt dress.  I used the same style puffed sleeve and rounded neck, and then cut the side seams in a straight line, instead of tapering them at her waist.  I extended it to the appropriate length for Rora, and then to finish it off, added a giant ruffle around the bottom to make it super-girly.

Rora was hesitant to try it on at first, but when I told her it was like a dress she could wear to bed, she hurriedly put it on, and then asked me, "Do I look like a beautiful princess?!"

I think so . . . don't you?

(I can't say that I've ever seen anybody but a pirate princess wear a skull and crossbones, but she's still a princess nonetheless.)

Linked to:

1 comment:

Vivian said...

I love it. I think it's adorable!