Friday, September 2, 2011

sweater refashion

I am the oldest of my siblings, which means I didn't get many hand-me-downs.  Last month, however, my mom went through her closet and passed on this sweater.
Cute, right?  I think so.

But I was in the mood to refashion, and wanted a cardigan instead.  So, I chopped and sewed and this is what I came up with.


I cut the band off the bottom, shortened the bodice by 3 inches, and put the band back on the bottom. 


I then used the fabric I cut out to make a binding for where the front pieces meet each other in the middle.

I finished it all off with a button and a loop.


I'm not sure which way I like it better, but if for nothing else, this was a good project to get me sewing again.

Linked to:







Photobucket


1 comment:

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Turned out great! I’d love for you to link your adorable project to Things I’ve Made Thursdays. I’m trying something new this week- We have two sections to the party- one for kids’ things and one for “Anything”!! I think this post would be an awesome addition to the “Anything Goes” party!

Hope you’ll stop by on Thursday and link up!
Melanie
http://bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com/2011/09/things-ive-done-thursday-new.html