Thursday, September 1, 2011

not a single one

Hmm.  Not a single post in August.

I sort of inadvertently took the summer off.

I didn't realize how busy 5 troublemakers were going to keep me (as opposed to last summer's 4 troublemakers.)  I still haven't figured out how it works, since the two kids I lose at school time are the ones to dress, bathe, and sometimes even clean up after themselves.  Yet somehow when they go back to school there seem to be less messes and things are accomplished so much quicker.

Whatever the reason, having the 2 older troublemakers back in school has freed up some time.  I have been able to clean, maintain, and every now and then I get to deep clean something!  It's been a long summer, and I was aching for school to start again.  Now that it has, I've been more productive in the crafting department.

This past week, the stars aligned and both little troublemakers went down for naps at the same time, and Rora found herself with a hankering to watch a movie, so I indulged and got a few crafts done, which I'll be sharing with you over the next few days.

I'm going to try to be better, but I don't know that I can promise anything because soccer season started for our older three troublemakers.  That means 2 soccer games every Thursday night, 1-2 games each Saturday, and practices in between, and sometimes they overlap.  Things are busy, but when I can steal a spare hour or two, I promise to show you what I'm working on!

No comments: