Tuesday, June 15, 2010

dana's shirt dress

My sister, Vivian showed me the adorable tutorial on MADE for a little girls' summer shirt dress. Two days later, my brother-in-law brought over a whole pile of his old dress shirts to see if my husband wanted them before he donated them to the DI.

So, I snagged one of them from my husband and turned it into a shirt dress for Rora.

The most difficult part of the whole project was making my pattern. Rora is the same size as Dana's daughter, but I had the hardest time figuring out how to make the top curve of the sleeve 10", with the bottom curve measuring 14". I never did figure it out - I just ended up making the top curve of mine 7" and the bottom curve 14". (If someone can show me, I would love it!!)

Either way, I was really happy with how the dress turned out:

Rora loves it so much, I couldn't get her to hold still long enough for me to get a good picture of her in it!

No comments: