Wednesday, October 26, 2011

my absence

I have been MIA for a few weeks now . . . not that that's uncommon, but this time I have a really good reason.

This November, Enos and I will be celebrating 10 years since the day we promised ourselves to each other.  To celebrate, we went on a cruise, and dragged our best friends, Ben and Tonia along!  (Thanks again for finding child care and coming with us amidst a move and job change.)

And now, I'm going to make you jealous:

We went ziplining in the Jamaican tree tops:

My beautiful friend, Tonia and her tolerable husband, Ben. ;)




After ziplining, we played on the ocean toys in Margaritaville, Jamaica.

In the Cayman Islands, we played with the stingrays and snorkeled:






And in Cozumel, Mexico we hiked the Mayan ruins while being eaten alive by mosquitoes:


We stayed up too late, got up too early, ate way too much, and had a generally amazing time.  We hope to do it again in less than 10 years.  Until then, I'll spend my spare time staring at beautiful pictures of sunsets and reliving the wonderful memories we created:

3 comments:

Tonia said...

Love the tolerable Ben comment! I like the pic of me and you with the starfish, and the one of all of us together! Taking a vacation in the middle of job changes and moving was totally worth it!

Veronica said...

Two things-

#1, Cody says a stingray is what killed the Crocodile Hunter, so you dodged death.

#2, I am completely jealous that a fellow mother of five can wear a bikini.

That is all :)

Unknown said...

FUN! and you're right I'm so jealous! :)