Monday, April 5, 2010

diy hot pads

I have dreams of redecorating my kitchen and turning it into something cute. I have the colors all picked out, and and plan for how to make it feel, look, and function like a much larger kitchen than it currently is. However, since no one has offered to fund this dream, I have started the remodel with something small . . .


. . . incredibly small.


I would like to introduce you to my new hot pads:


The colors for my new kitchen will be black and white with red and yellow accents.


I didn't use a pattern for these, but there was really no need. I cut my top fabric, 3 layers of batting, and backing to 9" square, put them together, then used a ruler to mark the stitching lines. After stitching along the lines, I used extra-wide double fold bias tape to finish the edges, and voila!


No comments: